If you’ve been craving simple and delicious recipes you can make for the kids, then this recipe is for you! Kids love pizza bites, but the kind you buy from the frozen section at the grocery store are filled with artificial additives and sodium. Not to mention, there’s very little nutrition packed into those little bagel bites.
You will love my version which sneaks in protein-packed quinoa, Vitamin K packed basil, and still delivers the same great taste kids love.
These make a great snack after-school or on the weekends. If you try these, let me know what you think and how the kids like them. Take a photo and tag it #ACKidsCorner on Instagram so I can see it!
Quinoa pizza bites
Recipe makes 12 bites
What You Need:
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 of a small bag of pepperoni chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pizza sauce for dipping (no sugar added)
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together except the pizza sauce. Spray a mini muffin pan with olive oil or coconut oil spray.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into the mini muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
- Serve with pizza sauce
Do you love this recipe? Hover over the images above to pin them or share on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Your partner in health,