Getting greens into your family’s diet is so important. This is a great approachable recipe that sneaks greens into a dish that your whole family can enjoy. It’s also fast, easy and can be altered depending on what your family likes or has in the fridge!
What You Need:
- Lean turkey (I use 99% lean ground turkey)
- Fresh kale- green or black
- Shredded low-fat mozzarella
- Sliced black olives
- Fresh pico de gallo- mild
- Taco seasoning (I use the taco seasoning from 21 Day Fix Extreme guide book)
- Parchment paper
*You can add or subtract topping ingredients depending on what you/your family like.
*Portion size depending on how many nachos you want to make, it’s great for a snack for one OR an appetizer for 6.
What You Do:
1. Pre-heat onhealthy antibiotics oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Tear kale leaves off the stem and into bite size pieces (about the size of a tortilla chip), then line them on the paper.
4. Top the kale with your favorite nacho toppings (except pico de gallo). I used the ground turkey, shredded low fat mozzarella cheese, and sliced back olives.
5. Bake for 10-15 min until chips are crunchy but not over done.
6. Plate and serve with fresh pico de gallo.
*NO container equivalents provided for this one guys– I created it with the kiddos in mind!
I love to see your versions! Be sure to share your photos under #ACKidsCorner so I can check them out!
Your partner in health,