This cold summer vegetable soup is simple, fresh and #21DayFixApproved. And you gotta love a meal where there is no actual cooking involved!
Time: 15 min
What You Need:
- 6 plumb tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled, seeded, and diced)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bunch cilantro (minced)
- 4 tomatillos
- 1/2 jalapeño (seeded and diced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
What You Do:
1. Core tomatoes and tomatillos.
2. Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato.
3. Place tomatoes into a large pot of boiling water and leave to blanch app. 1 minute or until skins begin to peel back from the X. Remove to a large pot of ice water.
4. Place tomatillos in boiling water and leave to blanch until they have turned from bright green to olive green, app. 5 min.
5. While you are waiting for tomatillos to finish, onhealthy anti anxiety peel and seed the tomatoes.
6. Once tomatillos are finished remove them to ice bath and leave to cool for 2 minutes.
7. Place tomatoes and tomatillos in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
8. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
9. Remove app. 1/4 of mixed ingredients from the bowl and blend with the tomato/tomatillo mixture until smooth.
10. Combine all ingredients and ladle into serving bowls.
Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
How about another episode of Cooking With The Calabrese Kids? This time my big brother and I are “cooking up” Gazpacho soup. If you want a fun spin on this recipe add in 1 red container of cooked crab meat. Otherwise this recipe is equal to 1 Green and 1 tsp. The full recipe will be on autumncalabrese.com later today.
Posted by Autumn Calabrese on Thursday, July 9, 2015