Looking for a guilt-free dessert to make for your 4th of July celebration? These patriotic pops are a great alternative to most store bought versions that have a ton of added sugar. I whipped these up for our BBQ for my littleman and his friends to enjoy on their breaks from the pool. They do require a bit of prep time because of the layering, but they are easy to make and taste great.
Adding in a scoop of Shakeology kicks up the health factor to these pops, and anytime I can sneak some extra nutrients into a recipe I’m all for it. These popsicles are fun, festive and healthy!
I hope you all enjoy and have a great holiday!
What You Need:
- 3oz. dixie cups.
- wooden popsicle sticks
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 container Greek yogurt (standard 5.3 oz size)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 scoop Tropical Strawberry Shakeology
What You Do:
- Blend strawberries with 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice and Shakeology , then add to each dixie cup. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Stir Greek yogurt with a fork/spoon to loosen it up, and add to each dixie cup. Insert popsicles stick in each cup and freeze for another 30 minutes.
- Blend 1 pint blueberries with 1 Tablespoon lemon juice. Add to dixie cups.
- Freeze overnight.
- Peel off dixie cups & serve!
*Makes approx 6 pops, depending on how full you want to make them.
*Sorry no container equivalent provided for this one guys!
Your partner in health,